We like tacos. There is something about getting all the yummy flavors in a single bite. We want to share our favorites with you!! But, no regular tacos here! Here you’ll experience an interesting mix of food and flavors of our favorite dishes from home…Alli is from Puerto Rico and David is from Texas.
Join us for breakfast, brunch or lunch! Our days and hours change, so please be sure to check back here, on TripAdvisor or our Facebook page. Breakfast will always be provided for free to any guests staying with us.
Breakfast for guests staying with us is provided each morning from 8am – 11am in our elevated dining area overlooking the jungle canopy. Included is your choice Panamanian coffee or tea, fresh fruit with yogurt, granola & honey, a smoothie made with fresh local fruit, and your choice of a breakfast taco or a more traditional but still fun main breakfast course (4 – 6 options available to choose from each day). We cater to all dietary needs – gluten free, lactose intollerant, vegetarian, vegan, etc. And when we say this, we don’t just mean you get the “left overs” of what we make for “regular” breakfasts.
The restaurant is open to the public on select days for breakfast and lunch. The schedule can change based on the season. The menu changes regularly – the best thing would be to check out our Facebook to see our menu for that day or week.
Current hours: Friday, Saturday and Sunday, 10am – 3pm(ish)
We are now featuring not only a few specialty tacos a day, but also rotating in unique brunch options as well…and given the fluctuations of what can be found on any given day here in Bocas, we will have a “chalk board” menu that will change regularly. Here are some examples of customer favorites that you can find here.
- Potato Hash, Egg and Cheddar Cheese Taco with Bacon & Pico de Gallo or Country Sausage Gravy
- Sweet Plantain Hash, Egg and Monterey Jack Cheese Taco with Spicy Chorizo or Smokey Pepperoni
- The Surf Break BLT Grilled Taco with Bacon, Spinach or Arugula, Pico de Gallo, Egg and a Cheddar/Monterey Jack Cheese Blend
- Sriracha Bacon Jam Grilled Taco with Egg, Monterey Jack Cheese and Green Onions
- The Frito Pie Taco with Ground Beef, Charro Beans, Cheddar Cheese and Frito Chips
- Pulled Pork Taco with Blue Cheese Apple Slaw
- El Cubano Grilled Taco with Pulled Pork, Fresh Deli Sliced Ham, Monterey Jack Cheese, Homemade Dill Pickles and Mustard
- The Texan Taco with Homemade Texas Chili, Jalapeno Cheese Cornbread, Cheddar Cheese, Sour Cream and Green Onions
- Chicken Strips Taco with Smashed Potatoes, Cheddar Cheese and Country Sausage Gravy
- The PuerTexan Taco Platano “Mofongo” Hash, Carne Guisda Style Steak Fingers, Cheddar Cheese and Country Sausage Gravy
OTHER FUN BRUNCH OPTIONS
- Fried Tacos – bacon, egg, cheese and pico de gallo breakfast taco fried in a crispy eggroll wrapper
- Pancakes and Pulled Pork with Brourbon syrup
- Bacon, Corn and Cheese Griddle Cakes With Maple Syrup
- Mascapone, Toasted Almond and Cinamon Stuffed French Toast with Maracurya (Passion Fruit) Syrup
- Cinamon Roll French Toast
- Pancake Specials – small and large stack options featuring various fun combinations:
- Banana Walnut
- Orange Ricotta
- Bacon, corn, and cheese griddle cakes
- The Kitchen Sink Stack with pancakes (whichever version is featured that day), ham, bacon, pulled port, hash (whichever version is featured that day) and a fried egg
VEGETARIAN AND VEGAN OPTIONS
Available for guests staying with us, occasionally also available to the public if we have them available.
- Rosemary Potato Hash Taco with black beans, spinach and pico de gallo
- Maduro (Ripe Plantain) Hash Taco with green salad, caremelized onions & garlic and cherry tomatoes
- Rosemary-Garlic-Almond White Bean Grilled Taco with mushrooms, onions, garlic, asparagus and spinach
- Polenta Breakfast Casserole with mushrooms, onions, garlic, tomatoes and asparagus
- Banana Walnut Vegan Pancakes with bourbon maple syrup
- Blackbean and Guacamole Grilled Taco with green salad and pico de gallo
- Garlic Quinoa Bowl with cumin-curry chayote hash, sauteed cherry tomatoes with onions and roasted pumpkin seeds
- Yuca Hash Taco with red or black beans, guacamole, greens/salad and pico de gallo