Before you make a reservation, please take the time to read the information below as well as to review information in our Travel Tips section. It’s of the utmost importance that you are fully aware of these to ensure (to the best of our ability) that there are no issues, concerns or unwanted surprises after you complete your reservation and once you arrive. Thank you in advance for your time to read through these.
Please note that the reservation and cancellation policies noted below are for reservations made directly with us, via our website, emails or phone inquiries. When making reservations through another platform such as AirBnB, Booking.com, etc, the policies will vary based on the requirements and/or policy options available on each booking platform.
- Availability changes daily and is not guaranteed until your reservation is confirmed via email. Reservations are not considered final and confirmed until payment of the deposit is received.
- We have a 2 night minimum stay.
- We require a 20% deposit for reservations (with the exceptions noted below) through PayPal and the balance is due in cash when you arrive. Payment of the balance via PayPal or Credit Card is possible, subject to an additional 5% fee.
- Our rooms are designed to sleep up to 2 people only with the exception for the Tree Bungalow Right (which can accomodate up to 3). No additional beds or cots are available unless discussed and agreed to in advance.
- Check in time is 2:00 pm. If you arrive earlier and your room isn’t ready we can hold on to your luggage while you relax on the property or venture into town.
- Check out time is 11:00 am. If you need to leave later, please ask us for a late check out. If we cannot accomodate, you are free to sit and relax on the dining deck and we can keep your bags stored until later in the day when you are ready to leave the area.
- The property is not suitable for children, we have a minimum age limit of 13 years old.
- We are unable to accept pets at the property.
- A government hotel tax of 10% will be added to the total for your reservation.
- Bicycles are available for use for any guest, at no additional charge. A $50 deposit is required prior to providing the guests with the bicycle(s), and will be refunded upon safe turn in of the bicycle at the end of your stay.
Surf Break at Paunch is a small operation so cancellations affect us greatly. For this reason, our cancellation policies are strict, as are most here in Bocas del Toro.
- Cancellations made 60 days before arrival will incur no charge – the deposit will be returned in the same form by which it was paid.
- If you cancel between 30-59 days before your reservation, we will refund 50% of your deposit.
- If you cancel 30 days or less before your reservation, your deposit is not refundable.
- No refunds or compensations will be offered for early departures.
- We are not responsible for the weather (including no waves or too much waves), flight delays, acts of nature or mistakes you may have made with your reserved dates/itinerary or flight schedules during your trip. For this reason, we HIGHLY recommend all visitors purchase TRAVEL/TRIP INSURANCE. Thank you for understanding.
- We reserve the right to cancel a booking and refund the payments made at any time.
- Check out is at 11am. If you would like a late check out, please let us know at least a day in advance and we’ll let you know if we can accommodate that.
- All rooms are strictly smoke-free, a $250 room re-conditioning fee will apply to violations.
- Candles are strictly prohibited in our rooms. All of our buildings are Carribbean style all wood structures – so it’s important to not have any open flames inside.
- It is your responsibility to keep the bike locked at all times (a lock will be provided). A deposit of $50 will be requested at the time of check in. If you cannot provide the deposit amount, we will not be able to provide the bicycle for you to use.
- We are 100% on a water catchment system, thus water conservation is particularly important. We ask all our guests to be respectful of this and conserve water as much as possible. Basic, easy water conservation tips are provided in the guest book that will be in your room upon check in.
- Only beach towels should be brought to the beach. Bath and hand towels must remain in the rooms.
- Sheets and towels are changed after every 3rd night of your stay. If you would like or need to have sheets and/or towels changed more frequently, please let us know.
- Many of our guests enjoy their privacy, and so we do not enter the room for any reason unless it’s requested or if we notify you in advance. Therefore, daily housekeeping is an option we offer upon request. If you know you’d like daily housekeeping, please let us know. Otherwise, we will check with you each morning to see if there is anything you need.
- Free breakfast for guests is served from 8am – 11am. If guests have activities or tours planned for early morning departures, breakfast can be served as early as 8am with prior notice. We have alternative light breakfast options that do not require the chef or cooking if breakfast is needed prior to 8 am.
- Our restaurant is open to the public from 10am to 3pm for weekend breakfast, brunch and lunch Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Of course, breakfast is still served to guests on the days when the restaurant is closed to the public.
- The restaurant accepts cash only (very few places in Bocas accept credit cards). Please be prepared with cash as we cannot take credit cards, Paypal or any other form of electronic payment.
- We can accommodate events in our restaurant area. Costs would be discussed on a case by case basis, depending on number of people, if bar access and/or catering is required,etc. Large groups or events are not permitted on the property unless approved & arranged by management in advance.